How to Rank in Position Zero on Google Search Results
Position Zero content takes on several formats — and if you to achieve Position Zero rankings, you will want to add these formats to your content strategy.
Position Zero formats also known as ‘Featured Snippets’ typically include the following formats:
- Numbered and bulleted lists
In addition to adopting the content formats above, certain types of content work well for achieving Position Zero spots. These are:
- Answer A Question Using Who, What, When, Where, Why: If your content succinctly and accurately answers those questions, you will be more likely to appear in Position Zero
- How-to Guides: How-to searches are also prime for triggering P0 results. Many “how-to” searches yield P0 results with step-by-step instructions to guide searchers through the process.
- Definitions: Searchers looking for definitions want quick answers — and P0 spots provide them with the information they need.
- Comparisons: Often, searchers want a quick comparison when deciding on brands or products to purchase. It is extremely easy to format this type of content too with lists, bullet points, or tables
- Price/Cost Information: Searches related to price or cost also yield P0 results, which give searchers helpful breakdowns of how much they should expect to pay.
- Top/best Lists: Lists of the top or best products aid searchers in the purchase process
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ): Not to be confused with frequently asked question pages (FAQs) that typically contain answers to a wide array of questions, PO FAQ content answers common questions about a particular topic.