Conversion rate optimization (CRO) is the process of increasing the percentage of website visitors who take a desired action. These could be either macro-conversions or micro-conversions:
Examples of Macro-conversions:
- Purchasing a product from the site
- Requesting a quote
- Subscribing to a service
Examples of Micro-conversions:
- Signing up for email lists
- Creating an account
- Adding a product to the cart
CRO involves understanding how users move through a web site, what actions they take, and what is stopping them from completing your goals.
What is a Website Conversion Rate?
A websites conversion rate is the number of times a user completes a goal divided by the number of visitors to the page.
Conversion rate optimization is different from conversion optimization for SEO or paid ads which focuses on the number of clicks from the search results, including the number of clicks you get, and which keywords are driving traffic.
How Websites Benefit From CRO
Here are the areas of your website that have the potential to largely benefit from conversion rate optimization.
Your homepage is the first page that many people arrive at your website and are prime candidates for CRO. In addition to making a first impression on visitors, the homepage is also an opportunity to retain those visitors and guide them further into your website.
You can do this by emphasizing links to product or service information, offering newsletter sign-ups button, or incorporating a chatbot that solicits questions from visitors at any point during their browsing experience.
Pricing Page CRO
A website’s pricing page can be the make-or-break point for many website visitors. CRO can help a pricing page convert visitors into customers by modifying the pricing intervals (e.g. price-per-year vs. price-per-month), describing the product features associated with each price, and including a phone number for visitors to call for a price quote.
Adding a call-to-action (CTA) inside an article or inviting readers to learn more about a topic by submitting their email address in exchange for an eBook or industry report. Note that links from anchor text are the best performing CTA in blogs rather than graphics.
Landing Page CRO
The whole point of landing pages is for people to take an action.
How to Perform CRO in Bulgaria
Stop wasting your traffic and grow your revenue by combining analytics and behavioural insights to help businesses achieve their conversion rate goals.
- Website audits combining analytics and user behaviour
- Managed A/B testing and optimization projects on target pages
Our methods produce results across many industries:
- Strengthening Software as a Service value propositions
- Reducing shopping cart abandonment
- Streamlining forms and payment processes
Some of the techniques that we use for CRO in Bulgaria are:
- Full website audits, highlighting usability issues and providing concrete solutions
- Pricing Optimization to maximise revenue and retention
- PPC Audits for paid Google and Social Media ads
- Landing Page Optimization by Creating high-converting pages
- Implementing heat maps/session recording tools to study user behaviour
- Building high-value email sequences that create significantly more engagement
- Studying customer entrances, flow and drop-off, to increase conversions