How to put your eCommerce Products at the Top of Google Search
The importance of ecommerce SEO in Bulgaria should not be underestimated. SEO for ecommerce websites is something many online stores are doing very badly and not exploiting the power of organic search marketing.
eCommerce Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in Bulgaria is the process of increasing an online store’s ranking in the Google search engine results. You need to have the correct technical website set up, optimized content and incoming links from trusted websites to result in a significant increase in website traffic to your ecommerce store. This will lead to:
- Increased visibility, brand exposure and awareness
- Increased traffic leading to higher conversions and revenue
To do Ecommerce SEO properly, you will need a dedicated page for each product you sell designed to attract traffic from search engines. Each page will need to have search engine optimized headlines, product descriptions, meta data and internal link structure.
However, you must not forget to SEO your static, non-product-oriented pages on your site, such as:
- About Us page
- A FAQ page
- Help center answers
Ecommerce SEO Strategy
If you already have a website populated with 1000s of products, the Ecommerce SEO will seem like a huge task. To do this properly you will need an Ecommerce SEO strategy.
- SEO the Product Category pages: There will be a lot less of these and you can rank for the generic product category search terms
- Prioritize product pages: Start with the your most popular or most profitable products. Also look for seasonal products that will need promoting at particular periods of the years
- Have a structured approach: As SEO requires you to meet lots of specific requirements, you must create a plan for selecting keywords, adding meta data, naming your images correctly, adding image alternate attributes, and incorporating related keywords rather than going about this work in an unstructured manner. Spreadsheets are vital when doing this planning
- Study the competition: Your ecommerce SEO strategy must be better than your competition to succeed. Larger competitors, in particular, have probably already put in a lot of work in optimizing their websites, and you can benefit from this
Ecommerce SEO Keyword Research
Effective keyword research is the basis of an effective ecommerce SEO strategy. You will need a list of target keywords, to target the relevant audience who you want to convert into sales.
Appropriate keyword research is crucial for every ecommerce store as it helps in offering the right product to the right audience at the right time
You must choose your website’s keywords around product searches that your potential customers are using. Here are two tools than can help you identify relevant product-related keywords:
Being one of the largest ecommerce websites, Amazon is a keyword goldmine. It provides a list of long-tail keywords that are product-specific.
Not only such keywords convert better, but long-tail keywords are also less competitive. You can start your keyword research by typing a keyword that best describes your products. Come up with a variation of keywords and note down all the relevant keywords that can be fruitful for your ecommerce SEO strategy.
Keyword Tool Dominator
This keyword tool brings the best search suggestions from Amazon, Etsy, and eBay to a single platform. When you type a seed keyword, Keyword Tool Dominator will show dozens of keyword suggestions for you. It allows you to find long-tail keywords very quickly.
Ecommerce Website Architecture
Your website architecture directly affects website’s performance. The top ecommerce platforms including WooCommerce, Shopify, or Magento all use optimized stacks that offer improved performance for ecommerce websites.
- The structure of your ecommerce website should be simple so that the links flow from top to bottom smoothly, with a proper structure
- Optimize website architecture by adding breadcrumbs. The breadcrumb trail is useful for both web designers and SEO experts. It helps Google bots better understand your website’s hierarchy, and helps online visitors better comprehend their current position on your website. There are three different types of Breadcrumbs:
- Location-based Breadcrumbs – These highlight the position of a page within the website hierarchy. A user can visit similar page using location-based bread crumbs.
- Attribute-based Breadcrumbs – These use a specific keyword or another attribute to represent the web page. They are ideal for ecommerce websites.
- History-based Breadcrumbs – These breadcrumbs show the path the user has taken to any webpage. They can access a web page through various paths.
- Optimize Sitelinks. Google adds website links to each website in organic search.
- Keep a Proper Internal Linking Structure: You must add internal links to each and every product page and interlink them to different pages
Product Category SEO
Product category pages are very important for ecommerce websites. Having properly optimized category pages can get you high rankings for keywords that can generate leads
Beside the homepage, the second most important pages of your eCommerce website site are the category pages.
Many smaller ecommerce websites are unable to rank for individual product pages, because the same products are available on larger websites, and the larger sites tend to rank in the first pages of the Google Search results. Another reason is that people do not use the individual product names but search for more general terms.
How to SEO your Product Category Pages
SEO your Product Category URLS
Keep your URLS clean, short and to the point and make sure that the user can tell from the URL alone what the category is all about.
SEO your Product Category titles
Knowing which keywords people use in their search queries will help you come up with highly optimized titles. Start your titles with keywords and then add your brand name.
SEO your Product Category META description
The description of a category page does not have a direct impact on the on-page SEO of the page but it does have an important role to play for getting a higher Click Through Rate (CTR), once you manage to achieve first page rankings for that page.
In your category descriptions try to summarize your products and offerings. If you offer free shipping, free returns etc. say so in the description to encourage users to click on your entry.
SEO Product Category H1 tag
The category page should have only one H1 tag and this should be on top of the page. The H1 tag can be the same as the TITLE of the page or different, but it should still contain your target keywords.
Below the H1 tag, add a few lines of content to give both users and search engine crawlers a summary of the page.
SEO Product Category Text Content
The Product Category Text Content should summarize the products within the product category, have internal links to product sub-categories (if they exist) and links to actual products within the eCommerce website.
SEO Product Category Images
Optimize your images for size and SEO – Set the ALT text correctly and also to use filenames that make sense.
Optimize Ecommerce SEO for Voice
Voice search is becoming more and more popular. Focus on writing product descriptions that have a conversational tone. People generally prefer asking a question instead of typing it on search engines. For example:
- Where can I buy [PRODUCT NAME]
- Show me reviews of [PRODUCT NAME]
- What are the best features of [PRODUCT NAME]
- How can [PRODUCT NAME] help me?
These are a few examples of how you can develop a conversational tone in your product descriptions.
Add Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Add Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to your product pages as this allows you to take up a much bigger footprint in the Google Search Engine Results. This is the easier way to create the json ld schema
Ecommerce SEO needs to be done on two different levels, the Product Category and the Products themselves. There will, of course, be a lot less Product Categories and you should start with the Categories as you can quickly rank for the generic search terms. The Product Category pages must be linked to the Sub-Category pages and the Product pages themselves to create the correct SEO hierarchy.
We do not price differently between an ecommerce store and a lead generation business, as we always recommend pricing based on exactly what a business needs. However, if you have a large eCommerce site then it will cost more to SEO all the Product pages.
Absolutely. Ecommerce stores need SEO to rank on the first page of Google. Capitalizing on rankings for related key terms is essential to obtaining more site traffic and boosting a site’s ability for sales.
Improve Website Load Page Speed
If your website does not load within three seconds then you will be losing customers. Also, Google uses website loading speed as one of its key ranking factors.
Use a tool like GTMetrix to investigate and improve your ecommerce website speed rankings.
On-Page SEO for Ecommerce Websites
On-page SEO refers to the optimization of content and meta data on each page of the website. A key part of Ecommerce SEO are the Ecommerce Titles and Product Descriptions. Here are some helpful tips when you are creating your Ecommerce Title and Product Descriptions:
- Use click-magnet keywords like “25% OFF” or “Lowest Price” in your product’s Meta Title to boost your Click Through Rate (CTR)
- Add modifiers like “Buy” or “Deals” to get more traffic
- Try to incorporate phrases like “Great Selection” or “FREE Shipping” to maximize your product page’s CTR
- Create product descriptions between 300 to 800 words for regular products and 1000+ for high-selling products. Also, ensure you don’t use your primary keyword more than 3-5 times in your product descriptions
- Ensure clear visibility of important features in a prominent place within the product page
- Create internal links on product and category pages
- Use at least 3-5 links in your product descriptions
Add a Review Section to your product pages. This will entice your customers to engage with your web store and write about their experience. This will help your ecommerce website rank even for ‘Review’ keywords and bring in more traffic to the website.
Display Rich Snippets with Product Review Schema on Google
Google’s rich snippets will help you to stand out on Google’s first result page,. The search engine picks up rich snippets for product reviews and ratings allowing you to enjoy more brand visibility.
You can get these rich snippets by implementing the Schema markup on your product pages. It is a unique code that provides a better understanding of the content on your page.
There’s no assurance that Google will display your brand in its rich snippets just because you asked. Nonetheless, proper Schema markup can help you make your mark on Google’s rich snippets with ease.
Since setting up the Schema markup manually is not simple, we recommend that you use Google’s Structured Data Markup Helper. To set up Rich Snippets, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open the tool and select “products”.
- Step 2: Find a product page on your website that has reviews and ratings.
- Step 3: Copy and paste the URL of your product page as shown below and click “Start Tagging”.
- Step 4: Highlight the (reviews or ratings) section of the page in order to tag it.
- Step 5: Highlight the number of reviews and choose the “count” tag. Provide as much information as you can.
- Step 6: Click “Create HTML”.
You then have the choice to copy and paste this new HTML code into your page or add the new Schema markup to your existing code. Also, use the Google Search Console to double-check whether you’ve implemented the Schema correctly.
Add Blog Content to your eCommerce Store
Blog content is a great way to generate internal links throughout your site, and it allows you to convey informative, authoritative content on a regular basis to your consumers.
Off-Page SEO for Ecommerce Websites
Off-page SEO for ecommerce stores includes partnerships, sponsorships, and affiliate programs, however, as well as link building and outreaching.
Link Building and Announcements
Start with the basic link building tactics for the initial promotion of your offers. You can start with citations, blog comments, web 2.0 links, Q/A websites, and even social bookmarking sites to promote your offers.
To sustain better rankings in the search engines, get quality links from third-party websites to your main landing pages.
You can strike partnerships with different affiliate websites that are working within your industry. These affiliate websites will take a small percentage as commission when they successfully sell your products. The advantage of entering into a partnership is that you will not have to stress over increasing your sales.
Find a good affiliate website. You can search for various affiliate websites by searching ‘[Product Name] REVIEWS’ or ‘[Product Name] BUYERS GUIDE.’ Check out the websites that are ranking for these keywords and then contact them for partnerships.
Another way to promote your offers is by sponsoring them on different blogs. There are many high-paying blogs that accept sponsored content. You can use their audience to promote your products and boost your ecommerce sales.
Bear in mind, blogs with a strong Domain Authority (DA) often have a list of prerequisites. You must create and promote content in such a way that fulfils their requirements.
Ecommerce SEO Bulgaria
We hope that you have found this guide to Ecommerce SEO Bulgaria useful.
Do I need eCommerce SEO?
Probably- while the average business owner or marketing manager can get a solid jump on SEO best practices for their e-commerce store, ongoing management, maintenance, and active promotion of an e-commerce store is complicated and time consuming. It requires design, development, copy, CRO strategies, and more to be successful.
If you need any help in search engine optimizing your online store in Bulgaria please contact us