According to McKinsey research, 76% of consumers changed the way they shop due to the pandemic.
The world is saying goodbye to cookies which means that marketers will have to come up with new techniques to deliver personalised customer experiences.
Some marketing automation statistics:
- 75% of companies using see a return on investment in a maximum 12 months.
- 300% growth in the conversion of anonymous website visitors to leads.
- 400% higher email marketing effectiveness.
- 50% increase of leads ready to make a purchase.
What is Marketing Automation Software?
Marketing automation software is a platform designed to help new customers, improve marketing efficiency, analyse lead behaviour, and track campaign performance.
Marketing automation tools are now an essential resource for B2C and B2B marketing and sales departments looking to grow their business.
The marketing software combines helpful features like email, social media, web marketing, multi-channel marketing, and analytics.
Marketing automation tools can:
- Automate posting for social media.
- Send triggered emails.
- Segment customers based on their actions.
- Customise and personal content to individuals.
Benefits of Marketing Automation in Bulgaria
These are some of the benefits your business can get from using a marketing automation platform:
- Increased marketing efficiency. Automate time-consuming, manual tasks.
- Generate more and better qualified leads. Combine multiple criteria with a lead scoring system to generate and identify sales-qualified leads.
- A multichannel view. Integrate multiple channels and devices to create more comprehensive prospect profiles.
- More Effective Spend. Marketing automation solutions all but guarantee a positive ROI when effectively implemented.
- Scalability. Invest in an effective marketing automation solution that can support both your short and long-term growth.
- Concrete Measures of Success. Reporting on each campaign’s performance and even forecast future campaign performance based on historical data, using machine learning and AI.
- Marketing and sales alignment. Using the same software, it will make the process of going from marketing qualified lead to sales qualified lead that much easier.
- Increase conversion rate. Your marketing automation software will track your leads and you can even use it to retarget your website visitors who do not convert, increasing your CRO.
- Personalized marketing strategy. Marketing automation turns your web visitors into leads and once you know who your leads are, you can segment them by behaviour or characteristics and send them personalized messaging
Why B2C And B2B Need Different Marketing Automation Tools?
The power of marketing technology is in its ability to meet the specific needs of every organisation, so it is no surprise that growing B2C and B2B organisations need different tools to achieve results.
- Communication channels. While both B2B and B2C businesses rely on email for marketing, the B2C use other channels as well. Text messaging, push notifications and retargeting are just a few examples.
- Data used. B2B consumers are businesses that have specific needs. Marketing data for this group would include approximate company size, industry, point of contact and specific needs. B2C consumers are individuals with specific tastes. Marketing data for this group includes age, gender, purchase history and frequently visited product categories.
- Features needed. B2B companies need help with nurturing their leads through the sales cycle. They want features like lead scoring and integration with their CRM system. B2C companies want to retain the customers they get, so they want features like reputation management, retargeting and retention marketing.
- B2B automation is priced based on the number of contacts managed within the system. B2C automation is priced based on the volume of data.
How B2C Brands Use Marketing Automation
The reason marketing automation is so effective for B2C marketers is that marketing automation pairs personalisation and automation to deliver the right message to the right person at the right time, which generates more revenue with every send.
Personalised emails are 26% more likely to be opened and that they can produce a 760% increase in email revenue. Not only that, but almost half of customers admit they get angry or frustrated when brands do not provide them with personalised content.
B2C brands want powerful marketing automation that is simple to use and integrates with systems they already leverage, and they want products that can be set up and used by people with minimal technical skills.
Marketers at B2C brands can power incredible customer journeys and deliver massive revenue back to their businesses without having to create and send each email, all while delivering an excellent customer experience.
How B2B Brands Use Marketing Automation
Often, B2B marketers are not striving for a personalised experience they are usually trying to provide value to leads, partners, and to educate and onboard users.
Unlike B2Cs, there is not necessarily a need for ultra-personalised content. The objective is to keep things more applicable for a wide range of recipients. B2B companies also use marketing automation to send campaign-based emails that are aimed at driving free trials, sign-ups, onboarding, and, ultimately, revenue.
B2B companies often tend to send education and event-based automated emails that can be sent out to subscribers to encourage attendance and build awareness around events.
List Size and Target Market
Optimized realizes that different organisations require different marketing automation solutions depending on their size.
Marketing automation platforms for Small and Medium Size Businesses go beyond pure-play email marketing. They need to provide an all-in-one system that is easy to use and within budget. They will also feature CRM tools, social tools, etc., but they won’t have all of the bells and whistles enterprise platforms do.
Large and Enterprise Businesses offer more granular control over things like campaign logic and advanced reporting. Many integrations offer additional capabilities. They also have other advanced tools like A/B testing, social listening, and ad management.
Optimized has partnered with two leading marketing automation providers depending on your size:
- Small and Medium Size Businesses: Active Campaign
- Large and Enterprise Businesses: SALESmanago
The functionality in ActiveCampaign includes:
- Site tracking. What are people doing on your website? Track actions on your site, then follow up with triggered messages.
- Sign-up forms. Collect email addresses, segment your audience, and trigger automations with custom forms.
- Goal tracking. Track goals and conversions to see what is working and what isn’t in your marketing.
- Advanced reporting. Find out which marketing gets results. Use advanced reports to find ways to grow.
- Attribution. Track the entire customer lifecycle to see where your customers come from.
- Split action testing. Find your top performing automations by testing your automations and email funnels against each other.
- Lead scoring. Find your most engaged contacts and offer them exactly what they want.
- Notification emails. Let automation nurture your leads, then notify you at the perfect moment to follow up.
Optimized have partnered with SALESmanago in Bulgaria which is the only no-code marketing Automation platform.
SALESmanago harnesses the full power of first- and zero-party data, combining advanced analytics and AI automation to deliver highly configurable personalised experiences, across a comprehensive range of natively built and integrated marketing execution channels.
With SALESmanago you can build 360º customer profiles and focus on your customer’s needs.
SALESmanago identifies your website visitors and mobile app users and enables you to build behavioural profiles of your potential and current customers to better understand their needs and react to their activities in real-time.
SALESmanago identifies your website visitors and mobile app users, showing you what they are interested in, what products they browse, add to cart or buy. With SALESmanago you can track any on-line behaviour and use this to better target your campaigns, trigger automation processes or alert your SALES team on hot lead`s activity.
Individual customer profiles can be easily grouped based on their similarities. SALESmanago can automatically segment your database using information on:
- Activities on the website and mobile app.
- Products added to cart.
- On-line purchases.
- Off-line purchases
- Emails opened.
- Emails clicked.
- Banners clicked.
- Videos watched on your website.
- Live chat conversations.
SALESmanago Website Personalisation
SALESmanago uses the data gathered on 360 customer profiles to personalise marketing campaigns and bring the entire SALES process to a one-to-one level. Address your customers directly to get their attention and astonish them with content perfectly matching their past and present purchasing habits.
SALESmanago lets you always deliver the best fitting offer at the right time and in the most preferred channel.
Personalise Communication Across The Entire Customer Journey
SALESmanago collects data from a multitude of sources, creating a 360 view of your customers. Each step of their journey is monitored and analysed in detail to be fed back into your marketing campaigns.
You can see which products and methods of communication your customers are interested in. With this information, you can tailor your messaging to individual customers, they will receive only information about what they have already shown interest in. This process can be automated and as new information is gathered in real-time, your customers’ profiles are constantly updated, making sure that they will receive a perfectly personalised offer.
Address Your Customer Directly
SALESmanago stores personal data of your customers such as their name, age, gender, address, or any information you collected in your CRM or ERP systems. This allows you to address each one of your customers directly and personally, making it easy to conduct personalised mass marketing campaigns.
Display Products Your Customers Are Interested In
Using different recommendations algorithms available in SALESmanago you can make sure customers will see most appropriate offers in right time to increase your SALES.
SALESmanago offers variable product recommendation mechanisms, giving you the possibility to easily choose how products should be adjusted in specific campaign.
SALESmanago product recommendations can be used in:
- Website content
- Live chat
- Web pushes
- Push notifications
- FB messenger
Omnichannels Combine Different Mediums To Strengthen The Message
Use all available communication channels to reach your contacts in all touchpoints.
SALESmanago lets you conduct bulk campaigns, send individual messages or display tailored content across different channels and devices. Combine different mediums to strengthen the message or find alternative one to make sure your message will be delivered. Don`t confuse your customers with inconsistent, not coordinated messaging.
Plan your marketing and SALES campaigns using:
- Emails, SMS messages
- Push notifications.
- Web push notifications
- Live chat
- Website personalisation
- Social media
- Ad networks
- Call center
- Point of Sale (POS)